April 18, 2024


World's finest Law



It is a no brainer that in order to apply for spousal sponsorship the applicant and the sponsor should be legally married. In case your marriage did not take place in Canada, then do not worry. All you have to do is provide a legal certificate from the country where you got married. This legal certificate would be accepted by the Canadian immigration authorities. If you are seeking a Spousal Sponsorship lawyer in Toronto, we will guide you through the whole process and make sure it happens seamlessly.

What are the criteria for qualifying as a sponsor?

Before you consider spousal sponsorship, there are certain criterions that you need to fulfil in order to become a sponsor. To become a spousal sponsor you should be an adult, that is, at least 18 years of age. You should be a citizen of Canada. These are the two primary requirements for becoming a spousal sponsor. We will guide you through the rest of the criterions that you may need to meet.

How to meet the legal criteria?

Fake marriages for immigration purposes is not a new thing. This makes the process of going through the Canadian immigration authority a bit daunting as it can be tricky to prove that your relationship is, in fact, genuine and you are not cheating the country. With our abundant experience in spousal sponsorship, we will help you to get this right.

In case your appeal for spousal sponsorship does not go through or you are ineligible to become a sponsor, it does not mean that it all ends here. If such a situation arises we are here to help you out. We understand the anxiety of not having your partner with you. We handle such situations with sensitivity and tact.

What are the different categories of relationships that qualify?

1.    Spouse: A spouse is someone who is legally married. The couple needs to provide a certificate of marriage from the relevant place, where the marriage has taken place. This could be in Canada or outside. Relevant documentation needs to be provided.

2.    Common law partners: To apply as common-law partners, it is important that you prove that you have been living together for at least a year. This holds for both same-sex and opposite-sex relationships. Financial records, bills, real estate documents and joint accounts are examples of some of the documents that can be used as proofs.

3.    Conjugal partners

What is the process?

When applying for a visa via spousal sponsorship, the step by step process can seem a bit complicated and overwhelming. Our Spousal sponsorship lawyer in Toronto can make this a simple and straightforward process. We access the case with sensitivity and tact so that you can get your visa processed as quickly as possible. We will ease your worries and guide you through this process.